Monday, August 25, 2008

This n' that -

Ronni Bennett has wrapped up a perfect argument with regard to who should (or shouldn't) vote for John McCain. I am appalled, frankly, that the Republican party still has the audacity to HAVE a candidate for the presidency. Haven't they done enough damage over the past eight years? How do these wealthy folks whose major stress in life is trying to figure out how to SPEND the money they have lying around because we middle-class (and sliding) folks are footing the bill for everything the government does - well, I mean, how do they live with themselves? How can they enjoy $5,000-a-plate meals knowing that 18% of the children in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA are living in poverty? We have more kids here in poverty than any developed nation in the world. How can John McCain and his wife own so many residences that they can't keep track of them while the greatest percentage of increase in homelessness has been among families with children? How can ANY presidential candidate justify the money they spend on their campaigns - the money they spend just to GET elected, when their campaign chests could most likely come pretty close to wiping out hunger and homelessness throughout the entire country? I have to say that I can't get excited over any candidate at this point in time. I don't see how ANY of them, Obama included, is going to make things any better. Our national debt has reached the point of no return; China OWNS us. People are losing their homes, losing their pensions, losing jobs, losing health coverage. The cost of education is rapidly escalating beyond what the ordinary citizen can afford. What else is there to lose? What kind of world will our grandchildren and great-grandchildren live in? Oh. Sure. I'll vote for Obama. I'd vote for Mickey Mouse just to keep McCain out of the white house, but I've got to say that I am increasingly pessimistic. And, to be perfectly realistic, I've got to wonder whether my vote will make any difference, anyway. Bush and the Republicans stole two elections already, and suddenly they're going to play by the rules in this election? If you believe that, I've got a few bridges you might be interested in buying! Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.
Ciao for now,
Z

No comments: